Established in 2007, RISE has built a strong reputation as a premium English language training center for students from pre-K to middle school in the 3 to 16-year-old age range. In addition to owning 44 centers, Rise also operates a franchise business, extending its presence to over 150 learning centers nationwide with an approach that is uniquely different from traditional EFL centers, offering the following:
1. an immersive approach to language acquisition, with students acquiring English in the same way that native speakers do
2. subject-based learning (teaching through math, science, language arts, social science) so that students find an academic use for English while learning in English
3. award-winning interactive software and technology (interactive whiteboards in every classroom) that engage and motivate learners, and make learning student-centric
4. project-based learning and group activities that foster communication skills and address higher order thinking
5. a leadership training program that promotes social and life skills, and builds student confidence and initiative
6. a small classroom setting (14-20 students) with two teachers for each class
Many of our students join RISE fairly early in life. Many are three to four years old and barely even have a grasp of their own native language, yet they are able to easily pick up English while being in an immersive English environment. Their young minds enable them to soak up all the new information at an unceasingly rapid pace.
Most of our students participate at RISE in addition to their formal schooling. Therefore, they are able to expand their cultural awareness to those outside their own. Students thrive on being creative and RISE gives them this outlet through projects and creative problem solving. They enhance their fluency, improve their analytical skills, and employ critical thinking.
Rise Students enjoy a curriculum based on the Common Core State Standards. With this strong base, students are comfortable in a classroom that pushes them to be leaders and speak their minds. By using CCSS as our standard for education, it eases transitions for our students to move on to high school, internationally, or right here at home.
Along with a subject-based curriculum, there is an underlying push to get students involved with social responsibility and have a more global perspective.
As of 2015, Rise has 44 self-owned centers and over 150 franchised centers throughout China. We employ over 2000 employees and reach more than 120,000 students. We plan to add many more centers in the future as well as increase our current presence in India, South Korea, and Vietnam.
Presently, we are revising our current curriculum and adding valuable material to enrich students’ learning. We are engaged in completing our middle school program and look forward to starting our high school program.
In the new era of online education, we are starting to offer certain courses to our students planning to eventually study abroad. These courses will earn the student credit in which they can use towards various American secondary schools.
RISE is continuously researching and implementing the latest educational pedagogy and classroom technology to further meet our students’ needs.